Girls Who Code Clubs are free after-school programs that teach young women coding and computer science skills to impact their community and join our sisterhood of supportive peers and role models.
When and where does the program take place?
- Our Fall 2018 middle school program is underway! September 19th – December 5th, 2018, check back later for upcoming program information.
- Classes are held Wednesdays from 6pm – 8pm (pending any holidays, advance updates to the schedule, etc)
- The class meets at the Girls For a Change center: 100 Buford Rd, Richmond VA 23235
What will we learn and do?
- We are focused on learning universally applicable web development skills to build group projects that will be shared and displayed at the end of the course.
- Online coding practice will be mixed in with interactive and hands-on learning projects to sharpen skills and stay engaged.
- Field trips include a movie night featuring diverse women in positive STEM roles and an office tour of the local software development company Mobelux.
What should parents know?
- The Fall 2018 program is available to all rising 6th — 8th grade girls, other offerings may be available in the future.
- Personal laptops and previous coding experience not required.
How can parents contribute?
- If parents would like to volunteer to bring snacks or beverages for the girls to enjoy during class breaks, we would really appreciate it! Select a date to bring snacks.